A Course to Train Housing Managers on First Nations’ Lands ©
Although this course is specifically designed for Housing Managers working on Reserve/Settlement/Treaty Lands, it can be adapted for Housing Managers working in Urban Native Housing Societies.
This course is also suitable for all Housing staff, Housing Committee Members and Council Members.
Part 1: Introduction and Welcome/Historical Impacts on Housing Today: Tenures of Housing Built Under Different Programs and Housing Manager Responsibilities
Part 2: Financial Management
- Capital planning;
- Replacement Reserve Calculations;
- Balanced Operating Budgets;
- Interim Shelter Agreements;
- Home Maintenance Agreements – Financial;
- Arrears Management.
Part 3: Asset Management
- Construction Management;
- Maintenance Management
- Repairs and Renovations;
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program;
- Replacement Reserve and Life Cycle Planning.
Part 4: Policy Development/Procedures and Forms
Part 5: Human Resource Management
Part 6: Tenant Relationship Building
- Conflict Resolution;
- Role of the Housing Committee;
- Tenant Education/Training.
Property Management is at the core of everything Housing Managers do. Maintaining high quality housing stock is the major goal of any Housing Manager. Everything a Housing Manager does, from writing proposals, to managing construction programs, to counselling Tenants, and advising decision makers, should result in better housing conditions for the First Nation.
A Housing Manager’s first responsibility is to ensure that the First Nation’s investment in its housing stock and assets is maintained or enhanced. At the same time, a Housing Manager, must provide the highest level of service possible to the Tenants and users of that property with the funds and resources available.
contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and more information
- September 23, 2016 @ 00:26:22 [Current Revision] by linda
- September 23, 2016 @ 00:26:22 by amdsadm
- September 23, 2016 @ 00:02:17 by amdsadm
- September 23, 2016 @ 00:00:02 by amdsadm
- September 22, 2016 @ 23:59:23 by amdsadm
- September 22, 2016 @ 23:53:35 by amdsadm
- September 22, 2016 @ 23:49:01 by amdsadm
- September 22, 2016 @ 23:47:50 by amdsadm
- September 22, 2016 @ 23:45:26 by amdsadm
- July 7, 2016 @ 22:33:28 by linda