Linda E. Property Management Inc. (LER), on the behalf of the Scia’new First Nation, assisted in the relocation of all of the month to month campers who were occupying the campground on the Scia’new Nation’s lands by:
- Assisting the Scia’new in accomplishing the relocations in a respectful manner;
- Supporting those campers who sought out assistance by liaising them with organizations that could provide safe, adequate and affordable housing; and
- Providing connections to other resources or resource groups that could support those who sought additional support through their transition.
Throughout the process both LER and the Scia’new First Nation made every effort to be respectful and accommodating of the individual needs and circumstances of every camper, and in many instances offered extension agreements beyond the September 1st, 2014 end of occupancy date. For many, this allowed them adequate time to remove their personal belongings, deal with a number of personal and financial issues and ultimately, secure new housing.
Once the campgrounds were cleared, the Scia’new were able to proceed with the development of Spirit Bay in partnership with the Trust for Sustainable Development
- February 1, 2016 @ 18:24:18 [Current Revision] by linda
- February 1, 2016 @ 18:24:18 by linda